The Northeastern Division (NED) is one of four geographic subdivisions of the American Fisheries Society (AFS) within North America.
The mission of the Division is to:
- advance the conservation, development and wise use of fishery resources for optimum use and enjoyment by all,
- gather and disseminate information on fisheries science and management, and
- promote and evaluate the educational, scientific and technical aspects of the fisheries profession.
- Atlantic-International (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont)
- Mid-Atlantic (Delaware and New Jersey)
- Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Science
- Rutgers University
- Stockton University
- New York
- Southern New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
The Northeastern Division Business Meeting is held annually, and has historically been held in conjunction with the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference.
Click to visit the official site of the AFS Northeastern Division