The Northeastern Division (NED) is one of four geographic subdivisions of the American Fisheries Society (AFS) within North America.
The mission of the Division is to:
- advance the conservation, development and wise use of fishery resources for optimum use and enjoyment by all,
- gather and disseminate information on fisheries science and management, and
- promote and evaluate the educational, scientific and technical aspects of the fisheries profession.
- Atlantic-International (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont)
- Mid-Atlantic (Delaware and New Jersey)
- Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Science
- Rutgers University
- Stockton University
- New York
- Southern New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
The Northeastern Division Business Meeting is held annually, and has historically been held in conjunction with the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference.