Contributions of all sizes are greatly appreciated. We accept donations both online and by mail. When you donate to the AFS General Fund, your donation goes to immediate use where it is most needed. These donations are crucial to helping maintain programs that need your support year-round! Make a donation to the General Fund.
Contributions of $150 and above qualify you as a member of the 1870 Society, a leadership giving program that honors the history and accomplishments of the American Fisheries Society and recognizing those generous individual donors who make it possible by investing in the Society’s important programs and operations. Members must make qualifying level donations each year ($150 or greater) to maintain membership in the donor club. These gifts can be outright gifts, pledge payments, or multi-year pledges. Meet the members of the 1870 Society.
Your donation can be a general contribution or earmarked for specific funds, including:
- The Robert F. Hutton Fund, which supports the Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program, providing a summer fisheries science work experience for high school students from underrepresented groups
- Opportunity for Learning and Advancement in Fisheries (OLAF) International Membership Award, this award assists the international community, especially those from low and middle-income countries, with networking and conference opportunities and provides the exchange of information and technical assistance among fishery workers
- Steven Berkeley Fellowship Fund, which supports the Marine Fisheries Section’s Steven Berkeley Marine Conservation Fellowship
- Shelby D. Gerking Continuing Education Program Fund uses contributions to increase overall opportunities for professional development and facilitating access for all fisheries professionals.
- Publication Endowment Fund, which supports publications of the Society directly
- Skinner Memorial Fund, which supports the Education Section’s John E. Skinner Memorial Award for student travel to the Annual Meeting
- J. Frances Allen Fund, which supports the Equal Opportunities Section’s J. Frances Allen Scholarship for female graduate students
- Past Presidents’ Endowment Fund, which supports the development of organizational structure for greater participation by retirees
Shopping online? Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/54-0683803 and Amazon donates to American Fisheries Society.