AFS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization supported by donations, membership dues and meeting registrations, and sale of AFS merchandise. Your contributions and purchases make a direct impact in the strength of our organization.
Contributions of all sizes are greatly appreciated. We accept donations both online and by mail. When you donate to the AFS General Fund, your donation goes to immediate use where it is most needed. These donations are crucial to helping maintain programs that need your support year-round! Make a donation to the General Fund.
Your donation can be a general contribution or earmarked for specific funds, including:
- The Robert F. Hutton Fund, which supports the Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program, providing a summer fisheries science work experience for high school students from underrepresented groups
- Sully Fund (CRS), which supports hundreds of projects to help restore the environment
- Steve Berkeley Fellowship Fund, which supports the Marine Fisheries Section's Steve Berkeley Marine Conservation Fellowship
- Shelby D. Gerking Continuing Education Program Fund, uses contributions to increase overall opportunities for professional development and facilitating access for all fisheries professionals.
- Publication Endowment Fund, which supports publications of the Society directly
- Skinner Memorial Fund, which supports the Education Section's John E. Skinner Memorial Award for student travel to the Annual Meeting
- J. Frances Allen Fund, which supports the Equal Opportunities Section's J. Frances Allen Scholarship for female graduate students
- Past Presidents' Endowment Fund, which supports the development of organizational structure for greater participation by retirees