Click to download a printable copy of the 2022 Fisheries Advertising Card Rate
Click to download a printable copy of the Advertising Insertion Order and Frequency Agreement (PDF)
Advertising Rates & Data, 2022
Fisheries was established in January 1976 by AFS, the oldest and largest professional society representing fisheries scientists. The magazine features peer-reviewed technical articles on all aspects of aquatic resource-related subjects, as well as professional issues, new ideas and approaches, education, economics, administration, and law. Issues contain features, essays, American Fisheries Society (AFS) news, current events, book reviews, editorials, letters, job notices, chapter activities, and a calendar of events.
- 68% have graduate degrees; almost one-third hold doctorates
- 54% are employed by government agencies
- 20% are employed by universities
- 9% are self-employed or consultants
Primary job responsibilities include:
- 44% research-laboratory/applied
- 42% fisheries management
- 34% habitat management/inventory
- 33% biological/water monitoring
- 28% education/teaching
- 54% recommend purchases or investigate a product or service
Our readers are:
- In 74 countries worldwide
- Working in a broad range of organizations
- Applying their skills to a variety of disciplines, including research, education, management, administration, aquaculture, engineering, consulting, and government policy making
- Known by a variety of titles, including chief, fisheries manager, biologist, professor, administrator, and researcher
- Required to plan and prepare budgets
Fisheries gives you more for your money:
- Averages 1.6 readers per copy — you reach 6,000 additional potential buyers for the same investment.
- Almost half of Fisheries readers refer to an issue several times before finishing — your ad keeps working for you.
- 74% of Fisheries readers keep their copy on file for more than one year— your ad is always within reach.
- One full-page, black & white ad in Fisheries costs about 10 cents per subscriber— a less costly alternative to direct mail.
Black & White Rates
Size 1x 3x 6x 9x 12x 24x
Full $1,825 $1,770 $1,716 $1,661, 1606
1/2 $1,140 $1,106 $1,072 $1,037, 1,003
4 Color Rates
Full Page $1,990
1/2 Page $1,445
- Cover 2: $2,464
- Cover 3: $2,282
- Cover 4: $2,738
- All other special positions: Add 15% to earned black & white rate
Base Design Rate: $165
Please contact your sales representative regarding design requests. It is expected that design requests will be made by the Closing Date for any issue. A proof will be provided for review prior to publication.
Rates are based on per-issue charge and the number of insertions placed in a 12-month period. Rates are subject to change with 30 days prior notice; however, all advertisers are protected from price increases for the duration of their existing contracts.
15% to recognized advertising agencies when paid within 30 days of billing date. Color charges are commissionable