- Coordinating the timely and comprehensive review of manuscripts submitted to the journal.
- Rendering manuscript acceptance (or rejection) decisions based on personal reviews and the recommendations of the peer reviewers and associate editor teams assigned to each submission.
- Clearly and professionally communicating decisions to authors.
- Soliciting manuscripts and making recommendations to enhance the vitality and prestige of the journal.
- Recruiting and mentoring of associate editors and peer reviewers.
Editors receive a quarterly honorarium and full financial support to attend the AFS Annual Meeting. Editors are appointed for three-year, renewable terms.
To be considered, send a current curriculum vitae along with a cover letter of interest by e-mail to [email protected]. This position is open until filled.