House Natural Resources Subcommittee to Discuss MSA Amendments
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017, the Subcommittee on Water, Power and Oceans will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 200 (Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska), To amend the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to provide flexibility for fishery managers and stability for fishermen, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2023 (Rep. Garret Graves, R-La.), To modernize recreational fisheries management. Modernizing Recreational Fisheries Management Act of 2017
- H.R. 3588 (Rep. Garret Graves, R-La.), To amend the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to provide for management of red snapper in the Gulf of Mexico, and for other purposes. RED SNAPPER Act
- Discussion Draft of H.R. ____ (Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif.), To amend and reauthorize the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, and for other purposes.
- The Honorable Jonathan Mitchell, Mayor, City of New Bedford, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Mr. Chris Macaluso, Director, Center for Marine Fisheries, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, Washington, DC
- Ms. Susan Boggs, Co-Owner, Reel Surprise Charter Fishing, Orange Beach, Alabama
- The Honorable Wilbur Ross (Invited), Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC
- Mr. Ben Martens, Executive Director, Maine Coast Fisherman’s Association, Brunswick, Maine
- Mr. Mike Merrifield, Southeastern Fisheries Association, Tallahassee, Florida
- Mr. Chris Blankenship, Commissioner, Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Montgomery, Alabama
1334 Longworth House Office Building Washington D.C. 20515