AFS is now accepting entries for our first ever video contest. Send in a self-made video using your phone or camera.
Show us the science! Bring us on your boat, in the lab, anywhere, to show us a day in the life of a fisheries scientist. These clips should be short, simple, and energetic. We want to show everyone the behind-the-scenes life of AFS scientists and members.
- Video should be between 30 seconds and two minutes in length
- Holding the phone or camera steady, and horizontally
- Raw video should be of daily work out in the field, on a boat, or in a lab
- Tell us what you love about your job
- Please note that we can only accept videos with proper safety protocols being followed (e.g., gloves worn for electrofishing)
- Have fun, remembering you’re showing potential AFS members what you do
All are welcome to submit.
Your video will be uploaded to the AFS Facebook page and website for members and visitors to view. Entries may also be selected to be shown in an AFS promotional video.
The winner will receive PR exposure in social and traditional media -- plus, a pizza party, with ten friends or family (courtesy AFS Executive Director, Doug Austen).
Submissions should be uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo, or cloud storage and the link sent to email@example.com
Submissions deadline extended until Monday, July 3rd at 11:59 PM
Questions/comments/concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org