The Northeastern Division (NED) is one of four geographic subdivisions of the American Fisheries Society (AFS) within North America.
The mission of the Division is to:
- advance the conservation, development and wise use of fishery resources for optimum use and enjoyment by all,
- gather and disseminate information on fisheries science and management, and
- promote and evaluate the educational, scientific and technical aspects of the fisheries profession.
- Atlantic-International (AIC)
- Southern New England (SNEC)
- Connecticut (SNEC)
- Maine (AIC)
- University of Maine
- Delaware and New Jersey
- Massachusetts (SNEC)
- New Hampshire (AIC)
- New York
- Cornell (NY)
- Morrisville State College (NY)
- SUNY-Cobleskill (NY)
- SUNY ESF (NY)
- Rhode Island (SNEC)
- Vermont (AIC)
The Northeastern Division Business Meeting is held annually, and has historically been held in conjunction with the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference.