Log In to Your Account to Renew Your Membership for 2024 Today!
NEW TOOLS to help you with the renewal process and updating your profile:
If you are a fisheries professional or aspire to be one, AFS is THE Society that supports your career and passion for fisheries. AFS provides the resources and tools needed to support fisheries professionals and the fisheries community as a whole. To do this, we need the strong support of our members.
NEW FOR 2024:
In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, Fisheries magazine is going green! You must now OPT-IN TO RECEIVE FISHERIES in the mail. To do this, check the OPT-IN box in your account profile under Preferences – or check the box next to “Fisheries Magazine” under the Subscriptions and Journals section. If your record is already checked, there is no need for you to make any changes. To access Fisheries ONLINE ONLY, leave the box unchecked. You can also email [email protected] and we will update your preferences for you.
UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT PROFILE: Renewal time is a great opportunity to review your contact information and make any needed changes. We’ve also added new demographics to help us get to know our members better so that we can tailor programs to fit all members’ needs.
What’s in it for you? AFS is committed to helping members Connect, Advance, and Save. Read how AFS helps you achieve these objectives:
- CONNECT and network with peers, mentors and employers via AFS’s:
- Annual Meeting – Where professionals from around the world come together to share current research and best practices in fisheries science.
- Volunteer service opportunities – Sign up for a committee to join other professionals with a special interest and enthusiasm for a project – from month-long to multi-year projects.
- Sections – Join like-minded professionals in these groups based on areas of expertise. Sections are great for idea sharing and connecting with peers with similar areas of interest.
- ADVANCE your career – take advantage of AFS’s multiple career-enhancing opportunities as well as complimentary access to valuable publications pertinent to your profession:
- Continuing education courses – Enhance your expertise and develop your leadership skills.
- AFS Career Center – Our job portal connects fisheries professionals with great opportunities.
- Professional Certification Program – Achieve the goal of becoming certified in your field.
- AFS Journals – Access to five of the world’s leading peer-reviewed fish journals (with historical archives to past articles)
- Fisheries magazine – Access to our popular monthly magazine which features peer-reviewed technical articles on all aspects of aquatic resource-related subjects
- Key Policy and Fisheries Newsletter – Get up-to-date information on important fisheries policy issues.
- SAVE money while becoming an expert in your field. AFS members receive substantial discounts on:
Simply log into your AFS account to renew online using a credit card. If there is no invoice in your account, it’s possible you did not renew last year; you will have to rejoin or you can contact [email protected] and we will create an invoice for your 2024 renewal.
Questions about your login username and/or password can be sent to the Membership Team at [email protected].
Check payments can be sent to:
American Fisheries Society
P.O. Box 65075
Baltimore, MD 21264-5075
Thank you for your membership and your continued participation!
We look forward to serving you as a part of the AFS community in 2024.