Greetings from Tampa, Florida! The American Fisheries Society and the Florida Chapter are excited to host the 147th AFS Annual Meeting at the Tampa Convention Center from August 20–24, 2017. Tampa will be an attractive venue to unveil this year’s conference theme, “Fisheries Ecosystems: Uplands to Oceans.” We foresee a wide range of sessions that span interdisciplinary research and management approaches to improve aquatic resources. We will also solicit a diverse set of symposia topics, contributed papers, and posters that will benefit broad audiences with the aim of advancing the science of fisheries ecology, conservation, and management.
- Proposals for Symposia must be submitted by January 20, 2017.
- Accepted Symposia proposals will be posted on the conference website on February 15, 2017.
- If accepted, organizers must submit a complete list of confirmed presentations and titles by March 10, 2017.
- Abstracts for Symposium oral presentations must be submitted by March 17, 2017.
CONTRIBUTED PAPERS AND POSTERS
- Those who wish to present in Contributed Papers or Poster sessions at the 2017 AFS meeting are required to submit abstracts by March 17, 2017. This includes Student Presentations.
- Confirmation of acceptance or refusal of abstracts will be communicated by April 18, 2017. (Student presentations will be considered for a “best presentation” award if the student fills out additional application paperwork available atwww.fisheriessociety.org/education/BSP.htm).