• Inspect customer lakes and ponds to access aquatic weed and algae problems.
• Apply Aquatic herbicides and algaecides as needed for controlling problems.
• Assist biologist in solving algae and aquatic weed problems.
• Assisting customers in cost effective solutions to algae and aquatic weed control.
• Pick up trash around customer lakes and ponds.
• General maintenance of equipment, facility and land (mowing and trimming grass).
• Water analysis (DO, pH, Ammonia etc.)
• Completion of daily log sheets.
• Assist other departments as needed cleaning fountains, aeration / fountain maintenance, clean out fish tanks, handle dead fish, bag fish, harvest fish, and any other assigned duties.
• Good people/communication skills.
• High attention to detail a must.
• Knowledge in basic pond management, and fish production a plus.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds
• Work evenings/weekends for shows/customer meetings/farm retail
Assist other departments as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Some Saturday work required for coverage of retail facility
• AS / Aquaculture, Fish Management, Aquatic Biology, Ag science. Horticulture, Biology, Zoology or similar Natural Resource Major. Or 2 years experience as an aquatic applicator. Must obtain a pesticide license within 90 days.
• Pass Drug Screen
• Driving Record acceptable to ATAC Insurance
Pre-employment drug screen required
Must be insurable for driving company vehicles
Must obtain a pesticide license within 90 days.