If you become involved in the world of fisheries administration, you will change the world by helping to:
- Guide species conservation;
- Guide sport fish programs;
- Provide direction for agency fisheries management, culture, research, and habitat programs;
- Influence agency direction for fisheries conservation and public benefits;
- Influence fish harvest regulations;
- Work with other agencies to resolve regional/national fisheries issues;
- Help maintain fishing for future generations;
- Help maintain fish species for future generations;
- Help maintain aquatic habitat for future generations;
- Facilitate efforts of biologists to implement fisheries programs for public benefit;
- Recruit and facilitate career development for biologists who will manage fisheries into the future;
- and more!
Thanks to the American Fisheries Society Fisheries Administration Section.