AFS is a 501(c) non-profit organization which is supported by donations, membership fees and meeting registrations, and sale of AFS merchandise. Your donations and purchases will make a difference in keeping AFS going strong!
Contributions may be made by means of major credit cards, debit cards, or by authorizing a direct withdrawal by electronic transfer from a bank account. Such payments are processed by PayPal, Inc., and received by the American Fisheries Society. You may choose to make a one-time donation of any amount or make a recurring donation of a specified amount that is deducted on a monthly basis. Federal employees can make donations through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). The AFS Combined Federal Campaign number is 11080. Other ways to donate are detailed in this November 2016 announcement.
Your donation can be a general contribution or earmarked for specific funds, including:
- The Robert F. Hutton Fund, which supports the Hutton Scholar Program
- Sully Fund (CRS), which supports hundreds of projects to help restore the environment
- Steve Berkeley Fellowship Fund, which supports the Marine Fisheries Section's Steve Berkeley Marine Conservation Fellowship
- Publication Endowment Fund, which supports publications of the Society directly
- Skinner Memorial Fund, which supports the Education Section's John E. Skinner Memorial Award
- J. Frances Allen Fund, which supports the Equal Opportunities Section's J. Frances Allen Scholarship
- Past Presidents' Endowment Fund, which supports the development of organizational structure for greater participation by retirees
- The General Fund, Your donations are put to use immediately. We have projects running year round that need your support--donate today to make a difference!