- Work closely with AFS editorial office and editorial board, including assigning manuscripts to appropriate Editor and Science Editor;
- Help recruit and retain Editors and Science Editors, provide mentoring and guidance to editors, and regularly review editorial board performance;
- Solicit manuscripts to ensure broad coverage, and identify critical and timely science issues that the magazine should address;
- Ensure that journal objectives and mission are being met;
- Make recommendations to enhance the vitality and prestige of the journal; and
- Attend monthly virtual meetings with fellow AFS EICS to ensure program cohesion.
The EIC is appointed for a three-year renewable term. Each EIC receives a $10,000 annual stipend, and full financial support to attend the AFS Annual Meeting.
To be considered, send a current curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest by e-mail to [email protected].
To nominate a highly qualified colleague, send a letter of recommendation to the same e-mail address.
Position to remain open until filled.