The 2014 International Conference on Engineering & Ecohydrology for Fish Passage (Fish Passage 2014)
The 2014 International Conference on Engineering & Ecohydrology for Fish Passage (Fish Passage 2014) will be held at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin, on June 9-11, 2014. Fish Passage 2014 builds upon the Fish Passage 2013 conference held at Oregon State University and the 2011 and 2012 conferences held at UMass Amherst. Details about the previous Fish Passage conference talks, including downloadable PDF’s for many of the presentations, can be found here.
Fish Passage 2014 promises to be an important international forum to exchange findings and experiences on the topic of fish passage. Fish Passage 2014 will be of interest to researchers, educators, practitioners, funders, and regulators who have an interest in advancements in technical fishways, nature-like fishways, stream restoration and stabilization, dam removal, road ecology, and the myriad of funding, safety, invasive species, climate change, and other social issues surrounding watershed connectivity projects. Because of its location in the Midwestern US, this year’s conference will include a special track on fish passage issues in inland waters, including the Great Lakes and the upper Mississippi River Basin.
This is a three-day conference with concurrent sessions in engineering, biology, and management and social issues. The conference will also feature plenary talks, professional networking opportunities, and a poster session. Independently offered short courses and workshops will be available immediately before the conference (TBA). In addition, tours of nearby fish passage facilities will be offered (TBA).
· Call for Abstracts Opens January 1, 2014
· Registration Opens January 1, 2014
· Session Proposal Deadline is February 3, 2014
· Notification of Session Proposal Acceptance is February 14, 2014
· Oral Presentation Abstracts Deadline is February 28, 2014
· Notification of Oral Presentation Acceptance is March 31, 2014
· Fish Passage Career Award Nomination Deadline is March 31, 2014
· Distinguished Project in Fisheries Engineering and Ecohydrology Award Nomination Deadline is March 31, 2014
· Early Registration Deadline is April 14, 2014
· Poster Presentation Abstracts Deadline is April 14, 2014
· Notification of Poster Presentations is May 2, 2014
· Fish Passage 2014 International Conference at University of Wisconsin – Madison is June 9-11, 2014
More information and updates can be found at the Conference Web Site:www.fishpassageconference.com