If you need to order a plaque and/or a certificate for the 145th Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon read below: 1. Please use this link to place your order: http://fisheries.org/awards_cert 2. They will have to be picked up at the Portland Meeting 3. If you will not be at the governing board meeting to pick up your order, please email me at email@example.com , so that I can leave them at registration for pick up 4. You will be billed and invoiced after the Portland, Oregon Meeting
We Challenge You! Help Make a Difference For Students! The Education Section will match dollar for dollar (up to $25,000) any group, individual, or organization contribution to the Skinner Memorial Fund, if the funds are contributed before September 1, 2015. With everyone’s help we could contribute a total of $75,000! Contributing to the challenge is easy!
New Book: Mangroves as Fish Habitat An updated look at mangrove fishery linkages, community ecology and connectivity, ecological services of mangroves, and potential impacts from climate change.
New Fisheries Magazine—July 2015 • Bluegill Can Be Managed More Effectively with Bag Limits! • Probiotics Show Promise for Aquaculture • More Evidence That Plant-Based Feeds Can Support Sustainable Aquaculture • Using a Video Lander to Assess Difficult Marine Habitats • Climate Change Adaptation and Restoration of Western Trout Streams and more!
Special Section: Hatcheries and Management of Aquatic Resources (HaMAR) Concurrent with the development of the guidance document (contained in the introduction to the special section and titled “Considerations for Use of Hatcheries and Hatchery-Origin Fish”), some of the HaMAR-related symposium presentations were peer-reviewed and are published in this special section of the journal.
New Book: Managing the Impacts of Human Activities on Fish Habitat Fish species and their habitat are under threat from the impact of overfishing, pollution, and development. This book reviews the science, governance, and practice of assessing and managing these impacts, including use of ecosystem-based approaches.
AFS Letter on Wisconsin Budget Situation Proposed Budget Undermines Critical Fish and Wildlife Research and Training Programs
Fisheries Degrees—List of North American Colleges and Universities The AFS Special Committee on Educational Requirements has completed a final draft of a list of North American colleges and universities that offer degrees in fisheries related disciplines.
JOIN NOW! The incredible diversity of the Society’s membership and the many scientific and professional subdivisions of the field of fisheries science and management that makes membership such a value. AFS was the first society of fisheries professionals, and with a current membership of 9,000, it is the largest such organization. Join now!
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP If you are an AFS member, you have exclusive access to content such as: Fisheries Magazine issues from 2005 – present, videos, such as the business video from our annual meeting, and reports, minutes, and the briefing book of the Governing Board. You can access all of this content at our members only page.
The American Fisheries Society (AFS) is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
|Become a Member
Regular Members save $200 On Annual Meeting Registrations
RECENT FISHERIES NEWS
- New Book: Mangroves as Fish HabitatWith the continuing destruction...
- Fisheries Magazine – July 2015Highlights of Fisheries Magazine...
- New Report Explores How Trout and Salmon Streams Can Be Restored in the Face of Climate ChangeJuly 1, 2015 Contact: Jack Willi...
- Special Section: Hatcheries and Management of Aquatic Resources (HaMAR)The American Fisheries Society (...
- New Book: Managing the Impacts of Human Activities on Fish HabitatFish species and their habitat a...
- Relationships among Proximate Components and Energy Density of Juvenile Atlantic Estuarine Fishes
- Improved Ability to Characterize Recruitment of Gray Snapper in Three Florida Estuaries along the Gulf of Mexico through Targeted Sampling of Polyhaline Seagrass Beds
- American Water Willow Mediates Survival and Antipredator Behavior of Juvenile Largemouth Bass
- Behavioral and Physiological Responses of Largemouth Bass to Rain-Induced Reductions in Dissolved Oxygen in an Urban System
- Effects of Different Water Velocities on the Hatchery Rearing Performance and Recovery from Transportation of Rainbow Trout Fed Two Different Rations
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, Volume 144, Number 3, May 2015
- Fisheries Events
- West Virginia University AFS Student Subunit Leads a Citizen Science Program
- The 2013–2014 Fenske Fellowship: Learning the Ins and Outs of Lake Whitefish Management in the Upper Great Lakes
- Silt Happens…Literally
- Survival, Growth, and Tag Retention in Age-0 Chinook Salmon Implanted with 8-, 9-, and 12-mm PIT Tags
- Demographics of Shovelnose Sturgeon in the Lower Wabash River, Illinois
- Tolerance and Avoidance Characteristics of Prenant's Schizothoracin Schizothorax prenanti to Total Dissolved Gas Supersaturated Water
- Evaluation of Probabilistic Sampling Designs for Estimating Abundance of Multiple Species of Migratory Fish Using Video Recordings at Fishways
- Assessing Responses of Fish to Habitat Enhancement in Barrenlands Streams of the Northwest Territories
- To Adapt or Not Adapt: Assessing the Adaptive Capacity of Artisanal Fishers in the Trondheimsfjord (Norway) to Jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) Bloom and Purse Seiners
- Growth and Mortality in Coastal Populations of Winter Flounder: Implications for Recovery of a Depleted Population
- Estimating the Dependence of Spawning Frequency on Size and Age in Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper
- Population Genetic Structure of Southern Flounder Inferred from Multilocus DNA Profiles
- Factors Influencing Daily Growth in Young-of-the-Year Winter Flounder along an Urban Gradient Revealed Using Hierarchical Linear Models
- Influence of Dietary Ascorbic Acid on the Immune Responses of Juvenile Korean Rockfish Sebastes schlegelii
- Development of a PCR Assay Based on a Single–Base Pair Substitution for the Detection of Aeromonas caviae by Targeting the gyrB Gene
- Bacterial Analysis of Fertilized Eggs of Atlantic Salmon from the Penobscot, Naraguagus, and Machias Rivers, Maine
- Rapid and Sensitive Detection of Vibrio alginolyticus by Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Combined with a Lateral Flow Dipstick Targeted to the rpoX Gene
- Analysis of Short-Term Cortisol Stress Response in Channel Catfish by Anesthetization with Metomidate Hydrochloride and Tricaine Methanesulfonate