Register now for the 2015 Annual Meeting in Portland
• Myths That Continue to Impede Progress in Ecosystem-Based Fisheries Management
• Development of Fish Passage in China
• And more!
The American Fisheries Society (AFS) is the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
|REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Become a Member – Regular Members save $200 On Annual Meeting Registrations!
The rooms are filling up at the DoubleTree. However, all pre-meeting workshops and three of the networking events are more convenient to the Hilton. Book your room today.
RECENT FISHERIES NEWS
- 1st Call for Session Proposals—Due 15 June 20157th World Fisheries Congress Bus...
- A Call for ModeratorsAre you headed to the 2015 annua...
- AFS Letter on Wisconsin Budget SituationProposed Budget Undermines Criti...
- Transactions Journal: A Sex-Determining Gene (sdY) Assay Shows Discordance between Phenotypic and Genotypic Sex in Wild Populations of Chinook SalmonAbstract Sex is determined genet...
- Transactions Abstract: Morphometric Contribution to the Detection of Introgressive Hybridization in the Endangered Owens Tui Chub in CaliforniaAbstract The Owens Tui Chub Siph...
- Abundance, Survival, and Life History Strategies of Juvenile Chinook Salmon in the Skagit River, Washington
- Brown Trout Removal Effects on Short-Term Survival and Movement of Myxobolus cerebralis-Resistant Rainbow Trout
- Variation in Juvenile Steelhead Density in Relation to Instream Habitat and Watershed Characteristics
- Shortnose Sturgeon and Atlantic Sturgeon in the Kennebec River System, Maine: a 1977–2001 Retrospective of Abundance and Important Habitat
- Phenotypic Shifts in Life History Traits Influence Invasion Success of Goldfish in the Yarlung Tsangpo River, Tibet
- Use of Copepods during Early Feeding Stages of Spotted Rose Snapper Larvae in a Scale-Up System
- A Field-Based Nursery for Headstarting Lobsters to Improve Postrelease Survival for Potential Stock Enhancement in Long Island Sound, Connecticut
- Egg and Larval Development Index for Lake Sturgeon
- The Effects of Diets Containing Standard Soybean Oil, Soybean Oil Enhanced with Conjugated Linoleic Acids, Menhaden Fish Oil, or an Algal Docosahexaenoic Acid Supplement on Juvenile Channel Catfish Performance, Hematology, Body Composition, and Nonspecific Immune Response
- Feeding Rates Affect Expression of Heat-Shock Protein 70 in Green Sturgeon Fry
- Effects of a Reduced Daily Bag Limit on Bluegill Size Structure in Wisconsin Lakes
- Capture and Brief Invasive Procedures Using Electronarcosis Does Not Appear to Affect Postrelease Habits in Male Atlantic Sturgeon During the Spawning Season
- Age and Growth of Atlantic Sturgeon from the Saint John River, New Brunswick, Canada
- Dynamics of Endangered Eastern Cape Breton Atlantic Salmon Populations
- Habitat Use and Fishery Dynamics of a Heavily Exploited Coastal Migrant, Spanish Mackerel
- Quantification of Habitat and Community Relationships among Nearshore Temperate Fishes Through Analysis of Drop Camera Video
- Harvesting the Beach Clam Tivela mactroides: Short- and Long-Term Dynamics
- Linking Behavior, Physiology, and Survival of Atlantic Salmon Smolts During Estuary Migration
- Simulating the Trophic Impacts of Fishery Policy Options on the West Florida Shelf Using Ecopath with Ecosim
- Assessing the Influence of Salmon Farming through Total Lipids, Fatty Acids, and Trace Elements in the Liver and Muscle of Wild Saithe Pollachius virens