Job: Staff Research Associate 1
||Staff Research Associate 1
||UC Davis Biotelemetry Laboratory, CA
||$18.98 – $22.65/HR , plus benefits
UC Davis Biotelemetry Laboratory – Davis, CA
Please see UC Davis Jobs website requisition number: 03012018
Assist in processing of telemetric data and maintenance of a SQL database containing metadata on tagged fish, information on the deployment of acoustic monitors, and files of tag detections. Organize an electronic filing system containing telemetric data and a hard copy filing system in the Biotelemetry Laboratory.
Participate in field work and driving in jet boat on rivers and delta
- Experience with scientific data collection, report writing and/or data analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with database administration, particular scientific databases.
- Skills to create front ends and maintain in-house SQL database of telemetric data.
- Background in Natural Resources, Fisheries or Wildlife, Biology, or Ecology.
- Experience in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or Geographic Information Technology.
- Experience with R or other specialized statistical analysis software.
- Knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS and GPS equipment.