Job: Research Scientist (Molecular Geneticist)
|| Research Scientist (Molecular Geneticist)
|| Oceanic Institute, Waimanalo Hawaii
||Commensurate with education and experience
Oceanic Institute is seeking a Research Scientist (PhD) with experience using molecular genetic tools to assist existing projects on marine shrimp genetic improvement and marine finfish aquaculture. Qualified candidates with experience and research interests outside of aquaculture are encouraged to apply, including recent post-docs.
• Performs various bench-top molecular biology procedures such as PCR/rtPCR/qPCR, gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, bacterial culture and transfection, cloning, DNA isolation, DNA sequencing and in situ hybridization.
• Perform experiments/analyses associated with development of molecular markers, genotyping, parentage assignment, and assessment of genetic diversity.
• Investigate molecular mechanisms and genetic diversity associated with growth, reproduction, and disease resistance in aquatic organisms.
• Interface with other research and education programs.
• Participate in education/training course development.
• Handle complex tasks simultaneously and stick to time milestones and completion dates.
• Oversight of laboratory staff and equipment.
• Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
• Prepare scientific reports and presentations as required.
• Continually develop skill sets for new technologies, methods etc.In addition, the successful candidate is expected to develop a research program in his/her area(s) of interest.
See web page for a detailed listing.
Sharon Stillman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 808-259-3124