Part-time (20 hours/week) with possibility of becoming full-time
The American Fisheries Society seeks an enthusiastic team player to assist the Director of Student and Professional Development in developing and managing classes and educational programs and to meet program objectives by executing administrative responsibilities. The Education Program Coordinator will also provide administrative support to committee members. Programs include an internship program as well as online and classroom continuing education classes that support the professional development of AFS members.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist in designing and developing promotional, marketing, and recruiting materials for courses and programs
• Work closely with the Director of Student and Professional Development to devise and implement marketing strategies
• Distribute promotional and recruiting materials
• Assist in running and moderating continuing education webinars
• Update program reports, records, contact lists, website content, and promotional, marketing, and recruiting materials
• Serve as point of contact for program and class applicants, interns, mentors, committee members, instructors, participants, and society members
• Database management and record-keeping
• Distribute and collect program and course documents, reports, and contracts
• Assist in matching interns with mentors
• Assist in preparing programmatic reports for committees and partners
• Social media marketing
• Register participants for classroom and online classes
Position Status and Compensation: This is a part-time (20 hours per week) staff position that offers schedule flexibility with the potential to become a full-time position.
Experience: 1-2 years of administrative support or coordinator experience
Education: minimum 2 years of college
Skills: Excellent organizational and time-management skills, excellent writing and oral communication skills, detail-oriented, proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and social media, ability to initiate and perform assigned duties without direct supervision.
Experience with WordPress, video-editing software, graphic design software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign), and/or instructional design software (Articulate, Adobe Captivate) programs a plus.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements by 5 p.m. EDT, Friday, March 13, 2015, to Denise Spencer at email@example.com or mail to: American Fisheries Society, 5410 Grosvenor Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814. Electronic document submission is highly preferred. Contact Denise for a more complete job description and additional application details. For more information about AFS, please visit www.fisheries.org