Fisheries Magazine 2014 Advertising Rate Card
Advertising Rates & Data 2014
The only publication aimed exclusively at the fisheries professional
To download rate card: FisheriesRateSheet2014.pdf
Fisheries was established in January 1976 by AFS, the oldest and largest professional society representing fisheries
scientists. The magazine features peer-reviewed technical articles on all aspects of aquatic resource-related subjects,
as well as professional issues, new ideas and approaches, education, economics, administration, and law. Issues contain
features, essays, American Fisheries Society (AFS) news, current events, book reviews, editorials, letters, job notices,
chapter activities, and a calendar of events.
• A personal subscription to Fisheries is included with AFS membership.
• An institutional print subscription is $182.
• 68% have graduate degrees; almost one-third hold doctorates
• 54% are employed by government agencies
• 20% are employed by universities
• 9% are self-employed or consultants
Primary job responsibilities include:
• 44% research-laboratory/applied
• 42% fisheries management
• 34% habitat management/inventory
• 33% biological/water monitoring
• 28% education/teaching
• 54% recommend purchases or investigate a product or service
Our readers are:
• In 74 countries worldwide
• Working in a broad range of organizations
• Applying their skills to a variety of disciplines, including research, education, management, administration,
aquaculture, engineering, consulting, and government policy making
• Known by a variety of titles, including chief, fisheries manager, biologist, professor, administrator, and researcher
• Required to plan and prepare budgets Fisheries gives you more for your money:
• Averages 1.6 readers per copy — you reach 6,000 additional potential buyers for the same investment.
• Almost half of Fisheries readers refer to an issue several times before finishing — your ad keeps working for you.
• 74% of Fisheries readers keep their copy on file for more than one year— your ad is always within reach.
• One full-page, black & white ad in Fisheries costs about 10 cents per subscriber— a less costly alternative to direct mail.
Black & White Rates
Size 1x 3x 6x 9-12x
Full $1,790 $1,645 $1,490 $1,360
1/2 $1,120 $1,030 $930 $845
1/3 $825 $745 $685 $625
1/4 $670 $600 $500 $440
1/6 $465 $420 $390 $345
1/8 $395 $360 $330 $300
4 Color: $1,035
• Cover 4: Add 30% to earned black & white rate.
• Cover 2: Add 15% to earned black & white rate.
• All other special positions: Add 10% to earned black & white rate.
Base Design Rate: $105.
Please contact your sales representative regarding design requests. It is expected that design requests will be made by the Closing Date for any issue. A proof will be provided for review prior to publication.
Rates are based on per-issue charge and the number of insertions placed in a 12-month period. Rates are subject to change with 30 days prior notice; however, all advertisers are protected from price increases for the duration of their existing contracts. Agency Commission: 15% to recognized advertising agencies when paid within 30 days of billing date. Color charges are commissionable.
For Mechanical Requirements, download the pdf: FisheriesRateSheet2014.pdf
2014 Issue Closing Date* Materials Due**
January 11/11/2013 11/25/2013
February 12/16/2013 12/30/2013
March 1/13/2014 1/27/2014
April 2/17/2014 3/3/2014
May 3/17/2014 3/31/2014
June 4/21/2014 5/5/2014
July 5/19/2014 6/2/2014
August 6/16/2014 6/30/2014
September 7/21/2014 8/4/2014
October 8/18/2014 9/1/2014
November 9/22/2014 10/6/2014
December 10/20/2014 11/3/2014
Rates & Data 2014
*Closing dates include the following: insertion orders, set copy, design requests & cancellations.
**Material deadline: Materials not received by this date will incur a cancellation charge.
Media West, Inc.
Contact: Steve West
Phone: 856-432-1501 • Fax: 856-494-1455