Emmanuel Frimpong, Continuing Education Chair – email@example.com;
Beverly Pike, Director of Student & Professional Development – firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! How Online Courses will change the World Graphic: www.onlinecollegecourses.net/how-online-course-will-change-the-world. One of the most important functions of the Society is the maintenance and enhancement of the technical, professional, and administrative knowledge and skills of its members. The Continuing Education Committee is charged with that task, and encourages individuals and subunits to develop and propose for approval, Continuing Education activities. The Continuing Education Committee must approve all Continuing Education courses or activities sponsored by the American Fisheries Society.
- To obtain approval for a proposed activity, complete a course approval form.
- Approval forms should be submitted electronically to the Hutton Scholar Coordinator – Director of Student & Professional Development, Beverly Pike, email@example.com, approximately 3 months in advance of the course presentation.
- Approval forms will be distributed to the Continuing Education Committee for review, consideration, and disposition
- Notice of Committee action will be forwarded to the proponent by the Continuing Education Coordinator.
- For proponents who are notified of an approval decision by the Committee, the Continuing Education Coordinator will email confirmation and additional instructions. In order for students to receive credit for participation in an AFS approved activity, the instructor(s) must record attendance and return the attendance roster via email to the Continuing Education Coordinator.
For more information on the Continuing Education Program, or to apply for Continuing Education sponsorship at a National or Chapter/Division/Subunit meeting, please see the following website: http://fisheries.org/education.html (See section on”EDUCATION”)