Christopher Milliard, Continuing Education Committee (CEC) Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Beverly Pike, Director of Student & Professional Development – email@example.com
One of the most important functions of the Society is the maintenance and enhancement of the technical, professional, and administrative knowledge and skills of its members.The Continuing Education Committee is charged with that task, and encourages individuals and subunits to develop and propose for approval, Continuing Education activities. The Continuing Education Committee must approve all Continuing Education courses or activities sponsored by the American Fisheries Society.
Course Proposal Approval Process:
- Download and complete the AFS Course Approval Form
- Approval forms should be submitted electronically at least 3 months prior to the course date. Email completed course approval forms to the Director of Student & Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approval forms will be distributed to the CEC for review, consideration, and disposition
- The Director of Student and Professional Development will notify the proponent of the CEC’s decision to approve or reject the proposed course. In some cases, the CEC will conditionally approve a proposed course and include suggested revisions. Proponents who implement the CEC’s revisions may resubmit a revised course approval form to the Director of Student and Professional Development who will, in turn, resubmit it to the CEC chair for a second review.
- For proponents who are notified of an approval decision by the Committee, the Director of Student and Professional Development will email confirmation and additional instructions. In order for students to receive credit for participation in an AFS-approved activity, the instructor(s) must record attendance and return the attendance roster via email to the Director of Student and Professional Development
For more information on the Continuing Education Program, or to apply for Continuing Education sponsorship at a National or Chapter/Division/Subunit meeting, please contact Beverly Pike by email or at 301.897.8616, ext. 213.