25 Aug 2014
Doug Austen Interviewed by ECO – the Environmental Coastal & Offshore magazine
- How does your structure serve fisheries professionals?
- Which groups do you advocate for and how? Who are your partners and how have they changed over time?
- How can we improve the types of monitoring pertinent to fish populations, fish habitat, and harvest fisheries?
- What types of remediation and mitigation do you think can offer the best long-term solutions for improved fisheries health?
- Many people say that there are already laws in place to protect our fish stocks and their habitats, but that these laws are not being enforced?
- Are there any policy changes that have happened in 2014 that will have a substantial impact on fish populations in the U.S.?