Contributions may be made by means of major credit cards, debit cards, or by authorizing a direct withdrawal by electronic transfer from a bank account. Such payments are processed by PayPal, Inc., and received by The American Fisheries Society. You may choose to make a one-time donation of any amount or make a recurring donation of a specified amount that is deducted on a monthly basis.
Subscribe to a Recurring Payment Plan
To make a recurring donation to be deducted from your credit/debit card or bank account, please click on the specified amount below. A recurring donation can be changed or cancelled at any time.
Unsubscribe from a Recurring Payment Plan
To cancel a recurring payment plan, click here and follow the directions to unsubscribe. In order to change plans, you will need to cancel your current plan and return to the site to select a different plan. A one-time donation may be made at any time, in lieu of a recurring donation or in addition to a recurring donation. In any event, The American Fisheries Society appreciates your generosity in supporting our work.
*Note: If you would like your donation to go to one of the funds below instead of the General Fund, please indicate the fund you would like your donation applied to in the Paypal comment box.
- General Fund: Accepts contributions from donors for various AFS programs that promote common interests related to fisheries. You may contribute to the General Fund when you make your dues payment or at any time during the year. All gifts are acknowledged in Fisheries.
- CR Sullivan International Endowment Fund: Administered by the International Fisheries Section of AFS, this fund helps international fisheries activities such as supporting speakers here and abroad; providing seed money for international conferences, symposia, and workshops; publishing articles and books; and AFS membership for non-North American fisheries scientists from English-speaking countries.
- Emmeline Moore Fund: Named after the first female AFS president, Emmeline Moore (1927-1928), this fund helps recognize career achievement in the promotion of demographic diversity in the Society.
- Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program Fund: This fund supports a $3000 summer scholarship and mentoring opportunity for grade 11 and 12 high-school students, primarily minority and women students, that helps introduce them to, and stimulate their interest in fisheries and environmental management disciplines.
- J. Frances Allen Scholarship Fund: Established in 1986 to honor Allen, who pioneered women’s involvement in the AFS and in the field of fisheries, with the intent of encouraging women to become fisheries professionals. The scholarship is awarded to a female Ph.D. student and AFS member who is conducting aquatic research in line with AFS objectives.
- Past Presidents Endowment Fund: Established to fund special AFS projects designated by the Past Presidents Council. The first such project was to support the participation of young professionals in the governance and leadership of the Society.
- Publication Fund: This Fund is designed to help keep AFS book prices affordable for the fisheries community we serve.
- Skinner Fund: Established and administered by the AFS Education Section, this Fund provides monetary travel awards for deserving graduate students or exceptional undergraduate students to attend the AFS annual meeting.
- The Steven Berkeley Marine Conservation Fellowship Fund: This fund supports a competitively based award to a graduate student and AFS member who is actively engaged in research relevant to marine conservation.
Donation by Check or Money Order
Make checks or money orders payable to:
American Fisheries Society
5410 Grosvenor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814