Call for Abstracts
Contributions for oral or poster presentations are welcome for Freshwater, Fish, and the Future, an international conference to be held 26-30 January 2015 at the headquarters of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Rome, Italy. This conference takes a groundbreaking, global, multidisciplinary approach to inland water issues with a focus on fish and fisheries for food security, livelihoods, and their role in aquatic ecosystems. A cross-sectoral effort to raise the profile of inland fisheries, the conference seeks to better incorporate fish into agricultural, industrial, recreational, and urban land use and water resource planning through development of improved assessment frameworks and value estimation in the context of global change adaptation. Abstracts should address one of the four conference themes and include a discussion about possible future scenarios. These four themes are described fully elsewhere on this website:
- Biological Assessment;
- Economic and Social Assessment;
- Drivers and Synergies; and,
- Policy and Governance;
Potential contributors should submit an abstract by 10 August 2014 using the online form (Abstract Submission Form) following the template shown below. The Editorial Committee will review all abstracts for relevance to the conference and scientific merit before compiling the programme.
Abstract Content Template
The language of the conference is British English. Authors are to use the official FAO names for countries and territories in their abstract. The official names are listed on the FAO website.
- Title of presentation (in initial capital letters).
- Full name of presenting author.
- Full address of presenting author.
- Job title of presenting author.
- Presenter organization and address.
- Presenter country.
- Email of presenting author.
- Full name and address for each co-author (no academic titles or official positions).
- Order of all author(s) names, including presenting author, (last name followed by first name and initials).
- Text of the abstract (250 word limit).
- Indicate preference for an oral or poster presentation.
- Indicate which of the four conference themes is addressed by your abstract.
- Indicate the country or countries for your case study.
- If an invited presentation, please indicate the name of the Panel Chair or Panel Facilitator
- Indicate if you are interested in being considered for publishing in one of the conference publication opportunities.
Submit your abstract by 10 August 2014 using this online form: Abstract Submission Form
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
You will receive notification from the Editorial Committee of their decision regarding your abstract prior to 1 October 2014.
The notification of acceptance will specify whether your abstract has been accepted for an oral or posterpresentation. This notification will also include information on conference publication opportunities if your presentation is recommended by the Editorial Committee to be considered for the conference proceedings or other potential publications. Travel support for participants from developing countries and students is available, see Financial Assistance for more information.
Please send questions for the Editorial Committee to: firstname.lastname@example.org