Interested in competing for two of the top student awards that AFS has to offer at this year’s Annual Meeting in Québec City?
Apply to participate in the Best Student Paper/Poster
144th Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society
August 17 – 21 in Québec City, Québec
• Research must be in fisheries or an aquatics related field
• Research must be original work conducted primarily by the presenting author
• Research must be completed or near completion
• Students must be the presenting author
• Students must submit a standard abstract, an extended abstract, and demonstrate the support of their advisor
To be considered, students must submit by Friday, February 21:
1) Self identify during the online abstract submission
2) Upload a standard abstract , and
3) Arrange for your advisor to submit an e-mail to the symposium co-chairs indicating that the study is at a stage appropriate for consideration for this award
Next, students must submit by Friday, March 14:
4) Submit an extended abstract (examples available at the Education Section
For more information, including abstract examples, go to the “Best Student Presentation and Poster Awards” page:
We look forward to reviewing your applications, and if you have any questions, please contact your 2014 student paper/poster symposium co-chairs:
Ready to submit your application online?
Visit https://afs.confex.com/afs/2014/cfp.cgi and begin your submission under
STUDENT BEST PAPERS AND POSTERS
Finalists will be notified by the end of March 2014. Students not selected for the Best Student Paper/Poster Symposium, but still eligible to present will be assigned to other sessions. The Best Student Paper Symposium will be held Monday afternoon (8/18) and Tuesday morning (8/19) and the Best Student Poster Symposium will be held on Monday (8/18) evening. Award recipients will be announced at the AFS Business Meeting on Tuesday (8/19).