AFS is a 501(c) non-profit organization which is supported by donations, membership fees and meeting registrations, and sale of AFS merchandise. Your donations and purchases will make a difference in keeping AFS going strong!
Contributions may be made by means of major credit cards, debit cards, or by authorizing a direct withdrawal by electronic transfer from a bank account. Such payments are processed by PayPal, Inc., and received by the American Fisheries Society. You may choose to make a one-time donation of any amount or make a recurring donation of a specified amount that is deducted on a monthly basis.
Your donation can be a general contribution or earmarked for specific funds, including:
- The Robert F. Hutton Fund, which supports the Hutton Scholar Program
- Sully Fund (CRS), which supports hundreds of projects to help restore the environment
- Steve Berkeley Fellowship Fund, which supports the Marine Fisheries Section’s Steve Berkeley Marine Conservation Fellowship
- Publication Endowment Fund, which supports publications of the Society directly
- Skinner Memorial Fund, which supports the Education Section’s John E. Skinner Memorial Award
- J. Frances Allen Fund, which supports the Equal Opportunities Section’s J. Frances Allen Scholarship
- Past Presidents’ Endowment Fund, which supports the development of organizational structure for greater participation by retirees
- The General Fund, Your donations are put to use immediately. We have projects running year round that need your support–donate today to make a difference!